If you’re like us, your bike needs will likely change by the day, week, month, or year. Surly's Ogre can get you to your job during the week, then way out of town on the weekend. The latest version of the Ogre has received some fantastic updates, including horizontal slotted dropouts with Gnot-Boost spacing, a tweaked non-suspension corrected geometry, and a beefier tire clearance — all in a 29er/27.5+ platform. Ride it any day of the week; it’s not sluggish on pavement or gravel and can also hold its own on singletrack.
- Gnot-Boost spacing allows the use of 135mm QR hub, 142 x 12mm thru-axle, or 148 x 12mm Boost hubs.
- Full-length Surly Trip Guide housing line guides for derailleurs and brakes
- Two sets of bottle cage mounts
- Disc and rim brake compatible with removable post cantilever pivots
- Upper seatstay threaded barrels with mid- and low-blade fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets
- Threaded holes for racks, fenders, and trailer mounting nuts
- Rohloff OEM2 axle plate mounting slot
- Tire clearance for 29 x 2.5” or 27.5 x 3”
|Frame||Surly 4130 chromoly steel, main triangle double-butted, TIG-welded|
|Fork||Surly Ogre, TIG-welded 4130 chromoly, non-suspension corrected, tapered and butted straight blade|
Front: 100mm QR
Rear: Gnot Boost: compatible with 135mm QR and 142 or 148mm thru-axle
|Bottom Bracket||English threaded compatible|
|Wheel Compatibility||29 x 2.5" or 27.5 x 3" max|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Rover Brown / Small||708752139824||FM0791|
|Blacktacular / Small||708752139879||FM0781|
|Blacktacular / Large||708752139855||FM0783|