Saturday, January 30, 2016
Join Cleveland Metroparks for the first ever Fat Bike Race and Celebration in Cleveland Metroparks! Shawnee Hills Golf Course Clubhouse will be transformed into fat bike headquarters as we enjoy the cold Mother Nature has to offer. Race as an individual or grab a friend and enter as a two-person relay racing as many laps as you can in a short, fun, groomed course of double track and single track. The celebration continues after the race with music, food and drink, fire, and fat bike demos, so even if you aren’t racing, come join in on the fun. More details will continue to be added, so check back here often.
The cost for race entry is $25 for individuals or $40 for the 2-person relay. Ages 14 years & over with participating adult. Helmets are required. Lunch is provided with race entry (while supplies last).
Registration opens December 15, 2015 at 8:30am. Online registration closes at noon on January 26 to guarantee food. Day of registration available but does not guarantee lunch. A $5 late fee applies after January 22. For more information, call 216-341-1704 or email: email@example.com
Cleveland Metroparks Bedford Reservation
18753 Egbert Road
Bedford, OH 44146
- 8:15am - Registration and check-in at Shawnee Hills Golf Course Clubhouse
- 8:45am - Registration and check-in closes
- 9:00am - Race starts
- 11:00am - Lunch, drink sales, and fat bike demos
- 11:30am - Awards
- 2:00pm - Food and drink sales close, test rides over, pack up and see you next year!
- Individual – 45 minute (male and female categories)
- Individual – 75 minute Open category
- 2-Person Team Relay – 75 Minute Open (Male/Male, Female/Male, Female/Female)
You can register as an individual or as a two person relay team. Individuals will race as many laps as they can in the set amount of time. As long as you start your last lap prior to the cut-off time, the lap counts. Relay teams will race as many laps as they can taking turns with only one rider racing at a time, allowing your relay partner time to catch their breath or warm up. Individuals and relay teams with the most laps completed in the fastest times will be awarded the winner. Awards three deep for each category.
As conditions are currently unknown, the race will be on one of two courses, but each course is about 2 miles.
- If snow conditions – the course will run on groomed double track around the golf course and groomed single track.
- If less than snow conditions – the course will run on double track around the golf course, a unique, fast and fun riding opportunity.
Race route, with map, will be announced the week of the race as conditions and weather allow. Please, no pre-riding the course once it is announced until race day.
Please check out the Cleveland Metroparks event web page for full rules and details.
Fat Bike Rentals
Century Cycles has fat bike rentals available. We are offering a rate of $20 for the event, which covers the race only (regardless of course or race category). Please call us at 330-657-2209 to make your reservation! Click here for details about our rental fat bikes.