The Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway (formerly Pedal to the Point) is a two-day bicycle ride from Brunswick to Ashland, Ohio. The ride is 75 miles each way. You can choose to ride the first day only, with 30-mile, 100-kilometer, 75-mile, or 100-mile route options. The fundraiser event is organized by and benefits the local Ohio Buckeye Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
For over 25 years, Century Cycles has been proud to be an Official Event Bike Shop for our local Bike MS ride! We provide mechanical support at one of the rest stops on the route and have many staff members who participate personally in the event.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 event was changed to a virtual event. Tentatively, the 2021 event is scheduled as a one-day ride on August 7, 2021.
Team Left Hand/Century Cycles
Century Cycles formed our first shop team for BikeMS in 2014. In 2015, we stepped it up a notch and joined forces with the Left Hand Brewing Company of Longmont, Colorado to form Team Left Hand/Century Cycles. We were the TOP fund-raising team for the 2015 and 2016 events, second-place for 2017! We were the TOP fund-raising team once again in 2018 and 2019. We raised over $41,000 during the virtual 2020 event, and we're BACK in 2021!
Now in their 14th year of riding, Team Left Hand consists of riders from across the U.S. who volunteer their time and effort to help the National MS Society fund research, advocate for change, and help people living with MS.
"Bike MS isn’t just a two-day event; it’s an enduring commitment to making a difference in the fight against MS,” states Chris Lennert, Left Hand's national Team Captain and COO of Left Hand Brewing Company.
Registraion is OPEN until May 18, 2021 for this year's team. To sign up, go to:
Make a Donation
If you're not able to help by riding or volunteering, you can make a donation to support the fund-raising efforts of Team Left Hand / Century Cycles. Click on the following link to donate:
Round Up for MS!
You can help us in the fight against Multiple Sclerosis every time you shop in one of our three stores! Just say "Yes!" when we ask if you'd like to "Round Up for MS." We'll round your total purchase up to the next nearest dollar amount, and proceeds from all of these donations will go towards our team fundraising goal. Every little bit of your spare change helps; in 2018, your Round Up for MS donations totaled over $986!
Stay in touch with TeamApp
Once you are a member of Team Left Hand/Century Cycles, create an account on TeamApp to get all the latest updates on team events, training rides, and other important news. To access TeamApp:
- On the web: https://www.teamapp.com
- For iPhone/iPad: download from the App Store
- For Android: download from Google Play
Also, connect with your teammates on the Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Ohio Bike MS Facebook Group!
Photos from past Bike MS rides and events
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Wrap-Up Party - October 16, 2018
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Jersey Pick-Up Party - August 2, 2018
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Fundraiser Party - June 30, 2018
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - March 6, 2018
- Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway - August 5-6, 2017
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - April 5, 2017
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Wrap-Up Party - October 18, 2016
- Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway - August 6-7, 2016
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Jersey Pick-Up Party - August 4, 2016
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - March 28, 2016
- Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway - August 1-2, 2015
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Silent Auction Fundraiser - June 11, 2015
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - March 11, 2015
- Bike MS Pedal to the Point - August 2-3, 2014
- Bike MS Pedal to the Point - August 14-15, 2010
- Bike MS Pedal to the Point - August 15-16, 2009