We have Fitness Bicycles available for rent in our Rocky River store. These bikes are our best-sellers, and are perfect to rent if don't have a bike of your own, but are looking for a fun way to enjoy a day out in our local parks!
These bikes are sometimes referred to as "performance hybrid bikes" or "flat-bar road bikes." They feature lightweight aluminum frames, 24 speeds, hand brakes, and regular platform pedals. The tires are a "happy medium" 32mm wide, which makes them appropriate for riding on streets, but provide plenty of traction on bike paths. Not for use on mountain bike trails.
We do not take reservations; bikes are available on a first-come, first-served basis only.
Use of helmets is required. Helmets are provided with all rentals at no extra charge.
Visit us in our Rocky River store. Bring a photo ID and a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card.
The last time we will allow rental bikes to leave is 90 minutes before the store closing time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Is there a speedometer on the bikes?
A. Yes, each bicycle has a CatEye Enduro cyclocomputer installed, which provides speed, distance, average speed, maximum speed, and ride time. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the time-of-day clock on the CatEye Enduro computers.
Q. Are emergency repair supplies included?
A. Yes, each bicycle has a seat bag with a spare inner tube, tire levers, patch kit, and CO2 inflator. You will be charged for any of these supplies that are used or missing when you return the bike.
Q. What if I break down and can't get going on my own?
A. Support and pickup service are NOT provided. We recommend that you carry a phone and have access to a friend or taxi service should you need help out on the road.
Q. Are water bottles included?
A. Water bottle holders are provided on each bike. Bring your own bicycle-specific water bottles, or buy some in the store when you pick up the bike.
Ride to the Metroparks
Our store is less than one mile from the entrance to the Cleveland Metroparks Rocky River Reservation, where you'll find a smooth paved All-Purpose Trail that is perfect for riding our fitness bikes. We have a route just over a mile long that uses less-busy streets to get to the park. See the steps below, or click on the image to the right to view the route on RideSpot.
Low-Traffic Route from Rocky River store to the Metroparks
- Starting at Century Cycles, turn right onto Detroit Rd (use sidewalk if desired).
- Turn right into shopping plaza.
- Continue along the right side of the plaza, then straight onto Hampton Rd.
- Turn left onto Riverview Ave.
- Turn left onto Wooster Rd (busy road; use the sidewalk if desired).
- When you reach Detroit Rd, use the crosswalk at Detroit Rd to cross Wooster Rd onto the sidewalk of the Detroit Ave bridge.
- Just after the bridge, turn right onto Cleveland Metro Park Dr/Valley Pkwy.
- Look for the beginning of the paved All-Purpose Trail on the right. CAUTION: Steep downhill during first part of the trail.